Friday, June 29, 2007

Murphy's Law

You sit and carefully knit. You hate to pick back mistakes, so you move slowly, ensuring that the needles and yarn go exactly where they are supposed to.

Then you sneeze


*Sigh* I brought husband's sweater to work today. Things were going well. I stifled a sneeze and when I looked down again I had two extra stitches on the needles. (I have no idea how.)

Now I'm debating. I don't know how to pick this back by myself (Fisherman's rib anyone? Anyone?) it's the K1B that I'm not sure how to work. But the unfortunate coincidence, which is what this will be called henceforth, is on the very beginning of a row which means after the sweater is all seamed up you will hardly see it anyway. As much as I would love for this sweater to be perfect for husband, I am a process knitter and I abhor ripping back if I can wing a quick fix.

Note: If you are not a process knitter or if you are a perfectionist in your knitting, please don't ever look closely at my projects. You may be appalled.

So I'm going to sit here for awhile and mull over what to do. If I can figure out how this attrocity happened and can fix it I will. However, I'm the only one in my office today, with nothing else to do and this was my only knitting project. Once boredom sets in the sweater will continue, mistake or no.

Update on sweater and other projects (and photos) when I get home and upload them!