Meh, husband has given me his cold which really started to kick my rear yesterday. Luckily for me I had already cast on a sock. "Embossed Leaves" from Favorite Socks.

I'm using the Fleece Artist that my Secret Pal sent to me (see this post). The yarn is mostly a cranberry color with browns tinted with green and a small bit of gold (I love these colors together!) Gender-neutral socks were going to be made because husband really likes the colors as well, and neutral socks were cast on. I hated the pattern. They were frogged.
Then I started seeing all of the Embossed Leaves socks that were finished on Ravelry and figured I'd make them Autumn Leaves Socks. I think these are going to be my favorite socks ever! I'm debating adding a repeat at the top because I like my socks tall (and then I can wear them with boots too).
Anyway, today also marked the beginning of wool washing. I'm starting out with just a tiny bit of wool, using hose, Dawn, the bathtub and the thermometer from the fish tank (it was cleaned) to wash the wool and a huge screen that husband used to use on his back porch to keep out the sun to dry it. Cross your fingers for me!
|