Sunday, February 18, 2007

Daddy's Scarf

Well I figured that since I don't have too much to post about (my sock yarn hasn't come in yet but hopefully Monday), I'd share some photos of the Diamond Scarf from "Never Knit Your Man a Sweater" that I'm knitting for my Dad.


I'm knitting the scarf out of Rowan Cashsoft DK in black. I also have a strong feeling that I'm going to be needing more than these two skeins to make the scarf as long as I would like it... We'll see.

I'm sure that since my mentality is, "Just how different can black yarn be?" the knitting gods will be sure that not only will I not be able to find the same dye lot, but every lot that I try will not match just enough to bother me and to make me feel bad enough to reknit the whole scarf in different but matching yarn for my Dad.

Bad thing is it may take quite awhile on these needles.


Oh well, maybe he'll have it in time for next Christmas.