Another hobby - well, I'm not sure if it's a hobby quite yet - that has been on the backburners latey has been weaving.
It took me about a week to recover from setting up the loom where I didn't even think about what I wanted to weave. After that week I started to feel a little bit guilty. The loom was loaned to me by my friend Shell and I would like to return it sometime soon (well, relatively).
So I dove in and started playing. I decided I needed to try a zigzag pattern and came up with the following.
*(1,5)
(2,6)
(3,7)
(4,8)
(3,7)
(2,6)
and repeat!
*I'm not really sure of weaving notation but the numbers are the two harnesses that were up
I can't remember how long the warp is, but I'm hoping to get a skinny scarf out of this. If I keep finishing a few rows whenever I walk by...
... maybe Shell will have her loom back by next year! ;)
|