On New Years Eve we spent some time with A and her husband, drinking, playing Apples 2 Apples and celebrating the past year. We also exchanged Christmas presents.
I got two perfect books, Glamour Knits at Home and Visual Quick Tips for Sewing. First off, I want those pillows on the cover of Glamour Knits now. The whole book is filled with droolworthy projects, including a mixed media (sewing and knit) blanket, that even though I'm not a pink girl - I totally want. There are also two or three projects that my sister has already hinted at for presents, so I'm pretty sure I'll eventually get around to making almost everything in the book.
The second book... well, I really, really needed a sewing guide. I haven't worked on the husband's blanket in probably three or four months, mainly because I'm having difficulties rethreading the machine. This book is nicely laid out, with great photo examples and answers to most of my newbie questions. With it's help, (and of course A's), perhaps the blanket will be finished sometime this winter! :)
|