Saturday, December 27, 2008

FO - Sister's Christmas Mittens


Pattern: Vineland Mittens(Rav. Link) by Jody Scofield.
Needles: 4 mm DPNs
Yarn: Cascade 220 in 8400 and 8891 .

Began: December 15, 2008
Completed: December 25,2008



These mittens are to blame for my absence, not only here on the blog, but also on Plurk and Ravelry. Sure, I had planned enough time to finish them, but once the sister was in town most of that time ended up at my parents. I couldn't really work on them around her, since DUH they were a surprise.

Funnily enough, she really didn't think that she was getting anything for Christmas, since she's already received all of her presents. She asked me numerous times if I could just wrap up her hat so she would have something to open on Christmas morning. Hee! And I told her that I wrapped up a box of packing peanuts for her to open on Christmas!! She was incredibly surprised.

It made waking up at 4.30 am on Christmas morning to finish the last bit of the last mitten all worth it!!



I did modify the pattern somewhat. I changed the palms totally, since I've loved the pinstripe palms on other mittens on Ravelry, and I wanted to add her initials. The only other thing that I had to modify was the thumbs, which I shortened quite a few rows so that they weren't too long.

Oh! And, I was finally able to get a photo of her hat which I've added to the FO post of that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!