Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Converted

This morning at work I convinced one of my co-workers that she should learn to knit or crochet. She reminds me much of myself… lots of nervous energy.

What cracks me up though is she has spent all of her breaks today looking at knitting patterns, looking up yarn, and registering for an account on Ravelry.

All without having knit a stitch!!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not laughing at her. No, not at all. I’m quite overjoyed at the flurry that the knitting bug has overtaken her and her knitting fever has definitely caused my knitting mojo to go into overdrive. The passion that she already has is contagious!

It makes me very excited to be able to introduce her to this wonderful world! I can’t wait to take her this afternoon to Michaels to pick out yarn and needles, to show her the kickass community of bloggers and to take her to the local knit nights.

She’s already picked out some patterns from Knitty that she wants to make and I’ve steered her to Twist Collective and the Loopy Ewe.

Book titles are already streaming into my head all vying to become the recommended “first book” this new knitter gets... Oh the possibilities are endless!!

And now. Now I can’t wait to get home and work on my projects. (Okay, and maybe start 20 others!)