Pattern: Clapotis by Kate Gilbert
Needles: 5 mm straights
Yarn: Brooks Farm Solana in Mountain Air
Began: September 20, 2008
Completed: November 3, 2008
(The second photo is more accurate in the color)
After making my first Clapotis for my MiL's Christmas present (which I already gave her at SAFF and she loved), I knew I had to have one for myself. The yarn, my first experience with Brooks Farm is lovely and soft. I did have one skein that was actually two skeins, I'm not really sure if it had been skeined as such or if it came apart while I was winding it. I think it's the later of the two since the color repeat was continuous.
I did do an extra repeat of the straight rows... and to be honest could have made many many more as I only used a skein and 3/4 of the Solana (I had picked up 3 just in case).
I'm not sure I'll be knitting another Clapotis for awhile now. I was so focused toward the end that my hands still aren't quite back to normal. I wish they could have a break but Christmas knitting calls!
|