Wednesday, September 24, 2008

FO = Spectator Socks



Pattern: Spectator Socks (Rav. Link) by Ann Hanson of KnitSpot.
Needles: 2.75mm DPNs
Yarn: Blue Mood Fiber Arts Lightweight in Hadia.

Began: August 11, 2008
Completed: September 23, 2008


Yay! One Christmas present finished! I did have to knit both heels twice, the first one because I made a wonky short-row heel and the second one because I didn't pay attention and somehow knit two or three rows of the heel flap onto an extra needle. I also ended up stash diving and pulling out some black yarn originally used for the Steelers Baby Blanket to finish off the toe of the second sock. You really can't tell unless you look closely.



Totally an awesome pattern, worth the money I paid for it. I have a feeling that husband wants his own pair, since he really didn't want to give these back.

As for yesterday's photos. Here's what the knitting notion and needle carnage looked like from above.



Loki mangled all five of my bamboo 2.75 mm DPNs as well as my sock keeper from Knitting Notions. To be honest, I wasn't all that upset at him. I can buy more needles (in fact it gives me an excuse to buy more Sox Stix) and I can pick up another sock keeper at SAFF in a month. He also didn't touch the yarn ball attached to the needles.

I was just extremely glad that he didn't rip up my dad's socks that were inches from the new ones that I had cast on. (Which, all the knitting was kept on the far back of my "desk", so he actually had to climb up on the desk to reach the knitting.)

Last night, he slept in his kennel.

And two more because the blog has been sans puppies for awhile. What happens when you try to take pictures of socks in a house full of four-legged creatures.