Sunday, August 24, 2008

Frustration

There was very little in knitting that I believed to be more frustrating (for me) than picking up gusset stitches in a heel flap.

That is until I tried a short row heel.

Yesterday, during TS Fay, I finished my first short row heel, on my dad's Spectator socks... and I must say that I had to put down picking up the wraps three or four times out of frustration (and the fear that I would break my needles).



The end result is not great, but it isn't holey either (always a plus in my book). I'm very glad that this is dark yarn because it makes the mistakes much less noticeable. The photo is actually quite a bit lighter than what the sock looks like in real life.

If anyone has some advice as to how to not want to kill oneself while knitting short-rows, tips would be much appreciated!