Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Other WIPs

(The sock was finished last night at 11 pm. The toe isn't grafted yet. I don't want to graft until they are both done and I know I won't have to rip one back. The knitting fates knew they couldn't best me, so they convinced the spinning fates to go and smack me upside the head with mad desire to spin instead of knit. I resisted, but came home today and spun till my legs hurt.)

---------------


Ever a listmaker I needed to compile the things that need to be done before the other projects on the needles can be finished. And I’ve gone ahead and set dates to things that need to be accomplished quickly.

- The Clapotis for my MiL needs to be fixed (there was an alcoholic incident a few weeks past where I may have KWI – knit while intoxicated). Complete by October 18

- I need to reassess my gauge on the February Lady Sweater and debate about ripping back and starting again (for the third time). An added benefit to ripping back again will mean I can fix my sorry buttonholes. Complete by October 18 (So I can possibly wear it to SAFF)


- Feather and Fan Shawl needs to be ripped back 2 or 3 rows.

- Icarus, poor Icarus. I’ve been debating restarting this with fingering weight as I’m quite certain knitting the whole thing in laceweight will lead to a nervous tic or it never being completed.

- There are also a few other WIPs that have never made it to the blog that need to be frogged.

- Spinning – I have 2 oz of Merino/Tencel that need to be added to the 4 oz already on the bobbin before I can spin anything else on the Lendrum. - I did spin up 1/2 a bobbin today.

Projects to be cast-on (all Christmas/Birthday Presents)
- Socks for my dad
- Embossed Leaves for my sister
- A rather large mitten for my godmother
- Socks for the husband
- Koolhaas for my best friend
- Begin Squares for a Blanket
- A secret project

*Sigh* Looks like I’m going to be busy until much past the New Year. I only hope the knitting mojo holds out!