Saturday, June 7, 2008

FO = (Finally) Dad's Moss Stitch Scarf




Pattern: Moss Stitch Scarf
Needles: 4.0 mm Bamboo Straights
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Weight in Black

Began: February 21, 2008
Completed: June 7, 2008


Finally, finally the scarf is DONE!!! And it's almost 70 inches long! This was technically began way at the beginning of my blog, so February 2006! (Although the original scarf was frogged this past January and a new one cast on in February). This was my dad's Christmas present for the past 2 Christmases... and now it will be his Father's Day present.

The yarn was awesome to work with, and I totally see why knitters consider Malabrigo to be "crack" yarn. So soft and smooth like butter, so plesant to knit with! (And it smells good to boot!)

To be honest, I've been feeling some finishitis and even though this project is done, I'm still feeling like I have to finish everything quickly. I think mostly because there are so many other projects that I'd like to begin (or that I have to begin, because they are for other people).



My queue in Ravelry is over 100 items long!! Things like This hat, and the February Lady Sweater are calling out to me! I also want to knit up some more sock yarn.. but am so trying to stick to one sock at a time.

Today, even though I desperately want to spin, I'm going to try to finish the first of my Monkey's... and try not to cast on the hat. We'll see how that goes. Cross your fingers for me that I can resist the call to cast on!