Friday, March 7, 2008

Outage

This morning I was all set to finish up some projects at work (yes, sometimes at work I actually do work, shocking I know). I came in and was motivated and ready. Then not fifteen minutes after I arrived and got my computer up and running the power went out.

I usually bring socks to work, because you know, they're small and portable. But I'm done with the heel of the current sock-in-progress and have to pick up the gussets, not something I like to do, much less at work during my breaks. I wasn't going to bring anything but at the last second I grabbed my dad's scarf on the way out this morning. *Whew* Good thing too.

We didn't have power for just over an hour! Yay! So I sat in the dark and knit on the scarf, praying that the power would be out for a few hours and they would send us home. (Boy would that have made my weekend!) But the power is back on now, and we didn't get sent home.

I realized, once the power was back, that I messed up a row of moss stitch in the dark. Luckily, it's only 2 or 3 rows down, so I should be able to fix it quickly during lunch and continue on my merry way.

So my motivation for work was totally screwed. I just want to go home, take a nap for a few hours and then work on knitting.

I've been pleasantly surprised that my motivation has stayed strong (and mostly monogamous) while working on my Spiral Eyelet socks. I've been extremely content knitting them, and feel like I've made excellent time knitting. (That may not be true, but it feels like I'm knitting very quickly). The contentment has carried over to the scarf as well, so that has been seeing a few inches every few days. Maybe when the socks are done the determination will carry over to Icarus... I can only hope!

Well, hope everyone has a lovely weekend!