A bit of background - Husband and I are taking Dave Ramseys Financial Peace class on Sunday nights at our church. I know Dave has a syndicated radio show, but I've no idea when it airs. Anyway, with this class comes the idea of not purchasing anything on credit and saving up for things that you want/need and not buying things when you don't have the money. Staying debt-free seems like such an easy thing... but so far, I've found that it's been extremely difficult not to go and buy things that aren't budgeted (coughfibercough).
Husband and I are currently working towards being debt-free by early 2010 and are adjusting our lifestyle accordingly. We aren't buying anything that isn't absolutely necessary, not going out to eat except very special occasions, etc...
But last night. Last night really sucked in a big way. Husband pointed out that we shouldn't do any unnessesary traveling, since that sucks a lot of $$ and we take days off that means less $$. Ok. I totally understand. We still can go to SAFF right?
Erm, no.
No arena full of fiber (okay, so that does mean less spending... but I can go and just look!!) No petting lots and lots of delishious yarns and fibers... not bright colors... no meeting up with fellow Ravelrers and bloggers... No drum carder...
So terribly sad.
If you're going... can I hide in your suitcase?
|