Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Year of the UFO

1) Sooooo... instead of sitting down and finishing any of the projects already on the needles, I cast on for Koolhaas designed by Jared over at BrooklynTweed.

I just couldn't help myself! The call was just too strong. (And it didn't help that most of my other projects are in time out anyway). I'm making it for my friend who was supposed to be the recipient of the Skull hat. Obviously since the hat was way too small, another one had to be cast on.


So far, this hat has been in time out twice already. I'm knitting it with Araucania Nature Wool, purchased from The Loopy Ewe. Since it's a fingering weight yarn, I'm knitting double stranded, which is causing me all sorts of problems, but I really like the finished product so far. I may have to knit another for me. (Maybe double stranded Dream in Color Smooshy?)

2) K3P1 Socks are still on the needles for husband. I have 1/2 of the first socks gussets picked up. For some reason I stopped and there it is.


3) I finally started the second Southwestern Sock for my mom, which is good because her birthday is in a week.


4) Icarus is finished with the first repeat of the first chart. (And got cast aside for the hat). I'll have to start picking this one up again.


5) The Feather and Fan shawl has been put on hold for now. Mostly because it's been really warm here and the desire for a comfy shawl has been thrown out the window.


6) Dad's scarf... well, still otn. Still unsure if I'm going to frog it and start all over again. Still no picture.

Poor, poor scarf!