Thursday, January 17, 2008

Photoshoot Accidents and WiPs

I ran home today to take pictures of WiPs and then to blog. I got to my husband's sock (as of this moment, still unblogged) and I pulled out a DPN! How it happened, I have no idea. I thought it was the loose DPN so the few seconds there was confusion, and then horror. For sure I thought the whole thing was going to unravel and my 30+ rows of ribbing would be ruined. My whole plan to come home, blog quickly and then work on Icarus. For whole minutes I saw this plan disappear. But I didn't panic (outwardly, there was mass chaos internally) I carefully picked up the sock, and I picked up stitches.

That may not seem like a big deal to most, but to me... to me my friends, it was a huge victory! :)

So... now to the progress:


Icarus. Ripped back twice and up to row 20 on the first chart.


Feather and Fan Shawl. Slowly moving forward. I think I'm going to need more roving for this one. Haven't found another colorway yet, we'll see how this one turns out.


Husband's socks. A k3p1 rib in ShiBui Stone. (My "mindless knitting after all the lace work of Icarus).