Sunday, December 9, 2007

I wish that this post held happy, joyful news. But it doesn't. If you're having a wonderful day, please feel free to skip this post all together.






Saturday morning, while in Destin, my mom called. One of our friends had gotten in a car accident Friday night and had died.

Our friend was only 17 and a passenger in one of the cars in a three car accident. He was there with us in Honduras, when my husband and I got engaged. He had just started college here. He was the only adopted son of a single mother.

It doesn't seem real that we're not going to ever see him again. He'll never sit with us again in church, or come over to play Halo all night. His mom will come home to an empty house.

I know that everything happens for a reason. That nothing is out of God's control, but still, it just doesn't seem fair. He won't graduate college, get married, have kids...

Tomorrow is the funeral.

Please keep his mom in your thoughts and prayers. And be sure to tell your loved ones that you love them.