Monday, October 8, 2007

FO! (Pictures Tomorrow)

I had expected not to have a completed sock before Friday. To be honest there was another project (or four) that were just screaming to be cast on from my Ravelry que. But I had promised to finish the socks for my MiL!

So yesterday, all day, I sat on the couch and I knit. I knit like there was no tomorrow. In fact I knit until my wrists hurt... took a break to finish up the laundry... and then started again.

My friends, last night was the most progress ever seen on my projects. I finished the foot of a sock, in one night! Which means today when I go home, all I have to do is the toe and it will be done! Maybe if the drive lasts I might even be able to get some FO shots before the sun goes down. Yeah, well that didn't happen as it's 9:10 pm now and I just finished the sock, sans weaving in the ends. BUT IT'S DONE!

And then! Then I will cast on for something else. (Either a hat or another pair of socks... maybe if I'm feeling indulgent I'll cast on for both!) Not to worry though, the suprise present will still be worked on. I just have to make sure that there is some sort of blog fodder. :) I'm now looking at my que debating on what shall be cast on this second!