Dudes, I'm exhausted! My SiL2 (not the one with the sheep) and her husband arrived in town at 1.30 am with her dog in tow. The dogs barking woke me and sleep was intermittent from 2 am till I had to get up at 6 am. Oh well, hopefully I can take a nap later today. (Although right now, at work, the tiredness is KILLING me!)
I'm going to go home to a companyless and husbandless home as they are out scallopping till 7. Maybe I can finish my new project and go back to the socks for MiL...
Oh, yeah! This is my "current" project.
It's a mesh bag/market bag from here. I found the pattern on Ravelry and am making it with hemp. The pattern is very easy to follow and very enjoyable! It's easy enough to knit while watching a movie but there are enough changes to keep my interest (which is why I like socks). I'm sure that I will knit quite a few more of these in the future.
This is my first hemp project, and I must say that next time I'm going to soak it prior to using it. It's rough and hurts my hands after awhile. But I do love the finished product so far! Maybe next one I'll use cotton...
|