Monday, August 13, 2007

Goings On

You'll have to forgive me for the recent lack of knitting content/posts. You see, I've been rereading all of the Harry Potter books before I read the final one. (NO HINTS/SPOILERS PLEASE!!)

This past weekend I knocked out the second book on Friday, the third book on Saturday and I'm 500 pages into the fourth one. Can you tell I'm a reading addict? When I was little my dad used to take us to the bookstore a few times a month (maybe every two weeks?) and we could pick out books. I collected the Saddle Club books, and an occasional Nancy Drew. Once home, I would disappear and it wasn't unusual to find me still reading at 3 or 4 a.m.... I didn't put the book down until it was done. They were stuffed under the covers if mom or dad came in after I was supposed to be asleep though.

I've learned to tune out anything going on when I'm reading, I have not had this success with knitting. This might change.

Anyway, so this is my excuse for not knitting this weekend, or probably in the coming week. I don't own books 5 and 6 yet, so when I finish book 4 if the bookstore is closed there may be knitting... most likely not though.

I did start a new project on Wednesday night, before the Potter marathon began.



That's right! Another pair of Embossed Leaves from Favorite Socks. These will be for my MiL, for Christmas. At least I'll have one Christmas present done beforehand! :)