Friday, June 8, 2007

And she's off!

FO Friday! Huzzah! The first Autumn Embossed Leaves sock is finally completed!



Pattern: Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt from Favorite Socks
Yarn: Fleece Artist Nova from my Secret Pal
Needles: 3.75 mm DPNs


The one thing I loved most about this pattern was the way the gussets were constructed. Usually I have a big problem with holey gussets or uneven gussets. Not so with this pattern! And for that I am incredibly overjoyed (which makes husband think I'm crazy).

See the pretties?



About the previous post. Yes my friends. I have taken the step. I am beginning a sweater for husband! My very first sweater! It's "Havana" from Ella Rae book 6, and I'm using the recommended yarn (Ella Rae Amity) for a few reasons.

A) It's my first sweater and it will be just easier on me if my gauge turns out close to the recommended (*Crosses fingers*), and this I hope will be easier with the recommended yarn.
B) Amity is 75% acrylic and 25% wool, true most don't like acrylic but this sweater will be machine washable which is a HUGE thing because husband throws everything in the wash and the dryer.

Once I purchased a 100% Cashmere sweater for him from Banana Republic (for $15!) and within a week I found it in the dryer. When confronted, husband was confused and defensive stating that there was no tag in it as to how to wash/dry. He didn't realize that lots of clothes have a tag with that information on the side of the garment. He was cute in his naivety but that did not stop me from banning him from the laundry room.

Well, I hope this FO, satiates you for the next week because I'm off to Baltimore and Washington DC! (And the other Autumn Leaves sock will not be coming with me... the new sweater will.)

Until then! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!