Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Wonderful Surprise

Yesterday there was a bit of therapeutic knitting done. The tea cozy for mom was finished and blocked.


Pattern: The tea cozy pattern in Stitch and Bitch Nation
Needle Size: 3.75mm Bamboo Straights
Yarn: Erm, still not sure. It's the yarn from here.


It looks plain now but mom is crocheting flowers to add to it. It's also slightly shorter than normal so that the tea pot still sits securely where ever it may be placed.

And after a draining yesterday I came home to a wonderful surprise today!



I had totally forgotten that these beautiful hanks of Claudia's Handpainted had been ordered from the Loopy Ewe. And not only did they seem to arrive in record time but they came with some gorgeous yarn samples as well as three cards to keep track of my needle collection!

*Please forgive the horrible photos, the card for the good camera is still not in my posession but I did find our old standby. The photos that I took totally do not do the varigations of this yarn justice.

Now that I have so much sock yarn that needs to be knit up I figured I'd better cast on the second Monkey sock... which I did. No picture yet.

Oh, and I may have been a bit bad on Sunday. I went out and purchased this and this.

At least I have enough sock yarn.... for now.