Monday, April 30, 2007

What Weekend?

Seriously, I blinked and the weekend was over!

There was so much that needed to be done! Pictures should have been taken of not one, but TWO different beautiful days of fiber! The house needed to be cleaned, dishes put away. Clothes needed to be washed and ironed (*side note: One of the reasons I intensely dislike my job is the fact that I have to dress up everyday and therefore must iron my work clothes. I am totally a shorts, t-shirt and barefoot kinda girl.)!

Where did the weekend go? I'll tell you where.

Saturday we, being husband and I, spent the morning at the local gun show. It's a pretty small event that we usually go to maybe twice a year for only an hour or two at most. Well, we managed to spend a significant amount of time there and came home with a (in my mind) MAJOR purchase for myself. I honestly and truly thought that I was going to have a heart-attack or something with the rate in which we spent money. Husband kept reminding me why it was okay that this money was spent, etc.

We stopped for a quick bite at Firehouse and then I met my friends at the LYS to hit up a huge sale that they were having. I made away with:


Hand dyed yarn from Knitting Notions in Very Berry.


And Frabjous Fibers Banana Silk Yarn in Teal for a scarf for my sister.


Sunday after church and the weekly "brunch" at the parentals we came home, plopped on the couch and whilst husband proceeded to sleep the afternoon away, I worked on these:


See! I was a good girl! I worked on daddy's scarf, and see the lifesaver? Yeah well that's just over a repeat, about an inch and a half finished in one sitting!


Ok, so maybe not so good. I cast on the tea cozy for mom.


But a great time was had by all! I hope that your weekends went as well as ours did. And I hope that your Monday isn't treating you poorly either.

(PS) - That package that came on Friday? Yeah, well you're just going to have to wait to see what was in it! :)