Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter and Presents = Long Post.

So I've been a little bit out of control this week(end). My first "new job" paycheck came in this week and I've done a tiny bit of splurging.

Just a TINY BIT
.

First I hit up the local bookstore and made away with this. And because I don't have any extra sock yarn to test drive any of these new and wonderful patterns I purchased this. Yup, that's Lorna's Laces in Daffodil. Due to my puppy's outrageous antics, I was left with no place for my tapestry needles (they've been sitting precariously on the end table in the living room), I ordered this. I also made off with some yarn for my secret pal (which for obvious reasons I cannot post here. Just in case).

Oh yeah, and last night I managed to get my hands on some Knitpicks Wool of the Andes from Destash. So all of this means I will be running to and from the mailbox everyday! Plus I got an email from my secret pal saying there was a package in the mail for me....

I really, REALLY hope that next week I will have tons and tons of fibery goodness pictures for you!

AND!!! I REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPIN


A bit of background: Husband's oldest sister owns an educational petting zoo of sorts. She goes to schools as well as birthday parties etc...

Well, I never put two and two together until tonight when Husband called his mom to wish her Happy Easter. You see, his sister owns goats, a huge Great Pyrenees, rabbits and sheep (among other animals)... but she owns SHEEP. Sheep my friends. Sheep which get shorn and leave wonderful wool. Wool that I could have for FREE! All we would have to do is drive up to North Carolina and retrieve it.

Seriously. Time to learn how to spin.